Wise Center and Esserville Part Year 2
Responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient transportation of children and assisting the teacher with instructional activities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a High School Diploma or GED. Relevant experience preferred.
- Exhibits effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess a valid operator’s license, for a period of three years prior to employment. Must be verified to have a safe driving record
- Requires Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with P and S endorsements.
- Understands social and economic background and developmental needs of children and families.
- Demonstrates knowledge of overall Head Start goals and philosophy.
- Must hold or obtain within one month of employment a certificate in both First Aid and Safety, and CPR.
- Must submit a record of an annual examination performed by a licensed doctor of medicine or osteopathy, establishing that employee possesses the physical ability to perform any job-related functions with any necessary accommodations.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- The position requires movement, driving a bus, travel, light lifting, and other standard job requirements. All duties of this position are within the bounds and requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
General Information: If you don’t have your bus driver’s license and are interested in obtaining it, don’t hesitate to ask us for help. This job is hourly up to 40 hours per week with benefits. Summers off. Please contact us for more information at 276-679-0518.
How to Apply:
If you wish to apply please send a resume and completed application to Allen Couch.
Email or mail application to Allen Couch (Allen.Couch@kidscentralinc.com), Human Resource Specialist, P. O. Box 661, Norton, VA 24273
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled.