Full-time position; two openings.
Working as a classroom assistant/substitute and assisting the Education supervisor with assigned duties. Is responsible for assisting the teacher or home visitor with instructional activities and may serve as a bus monitor.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education (preferred)
- Virginia Early Childhood Certificate or Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential is required.
- If employee does not have the required credential, the employee must enroll within 90 days of employment in a program that will be completed within two years leading to such a degree/credential as required.
- Understands social and economic background and developmental needs of children and families.
- Demonstrates knowledge of overall Head Start goals and philosophy.
- Exhibits effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- The position requires movement, driving a bus, travel, light lifting, work on a computer station, and other standard job requirements.
Please see complete “Summary of Physical, Sensory, and Environmental Requirements needed to Perform Essential Job Duties” in the Human Resources Office for more information.
How to Apply:
If you wish to apply please send a resume and completed application to Allen Couch.
Email or mail application to Allen Couch (Allen.Couch@kidscentralinc.com), Human Resource Specialist, P. O. Box 661, Norton, VA 24273
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled.